Today, Gracie got to go back to school! YAY!!! Finally, our nursing issue appears to be resolved!
After school, John and I took the kids for (much needed) haircuts. As usual, they each enjoyed their time in the chair and were very well behaved. So, as usual, lollipops were offered as a special treat afterward. (Daddy decided he was also very well behaved and he had two lollies during their haircuts!)
When we walked outside, Preston had an apple lollie and Gracie had cherry. What ensued next was captured on my cell phone...
 |
| Yummy! |
 |
Each very much enjoying their own lollies... but notice the look on Gracie's face.
There is no mistaking... she is clearly scoping out Preston's! |
 |
She reaches for his... wanting to trade.
(I love this exchange!) |
 |
After the trade, Preston was:
a) not thrilled with the cherry flavor (just like Mommy!)
b) not thrilled with Gracie's slobber on the cherry lollie
c) not thrilled after realizing that, because she put his apple lollie in her mouth, she slobbered on it, too
d) all of the above
ANSWER: d!!! |
 |
After Preston returned Gracie's cherry lollie, he expected that she would return the apple to him.
She did not! She was perfectly content to keep both for herself!
(One of our favorite nicknames for Gracie since she was a baby is "Lollie," so this pic is fitting!) |
 |
After John pried the apple lollie from her hands (which he rinsed with some bottled water to appease Preston), Gracie laughed.
During this whole exchange, she spontaneously signed, "candy," "red," "swallow" and "sticky."
I love these moments with her - - unprompted communication that is unlocked when I least expect it. Just wish we knew how to keep it unlocked... |
 |
A very satisfied young man... both with his haircut and the return of his slobber-free apple lollie.
(I love his shorter cut... but am already missing his shaggy, surfer-dude locks!) |
A fantastic way to bid farewell to January and say hello to February.
(And, I am so grateful that TieBreaker had the good sense to stay put during his mama's least favorite month!)
3 comments:
Very happy to hear that Gracie is back at school and I LOVE the lollie exchange!! Great moments captured again.
Wishing Gracie a long run of nursing this time around!!
Thanks for the laugh Kristi, I needed it today! So cute!
Good golly, I love your kids! This is a fantastic story - i love all that it represents for Gracie - happy, healthy, engaged, communicating, silly - sweetness!
Post a Comment