Sunday, February 16, 2014

Happy 2nd Birthday, Gavin!

Happy 2nd birthday, Gavin!!!

My dear, sweet, Gavin ~

Today you are two.  I cannot believe it.  (I know... when you get older you will read these and say, "Geez, mama, you say that you can't believe it every time one of us has a birthday!")  But, really, the time passes so quickly and because I keep track here, it blows my mind how fast you change and grow.

You are a communicator.  You have a huge grasp on language for a little guy who is only two.  You have a wonderful sense of humor... cracking your own jokes regularly.  You are super sweet... eager to please, pitch in, kiss an owie anyone has and you eagerly dole out hugs and kisses and "I love yous."  You love your stuffed friends and take great care of them.  You love your brother and sister to pieces and they love you right back. Your imagination blows my mind... you can sit independently for extended periods of time and play - - action figures, blocks, cars - - you get involved in your own little world.  I can't wait until you talk even more and find out what exactly is going on in all of that play! 

You are so easy to love and so easy to like.  Such a fun-loving little guy.  One of my favorite moments of your day today was when you cracked the funniest joke in, what I am sure is, the history of all two-year-olds.  Daddy was setting up the Rifton desk for you to sit in and blow out the candles on your cake.  It was Gracie's for years, then Preston's and now you use it.  Depending on where it is being used, it doubles as a time-out chair, too!  Anyway, since we don't have a table at the moment and the counter is so high, we decided to have you sit in the desk and we could all sit around you on the floor.  You were so excited as you sat there!  Then, all of the sudden, you said, "Wahhhh!" and signed, "cry" and said, "Oh, no!  Time out!"  You were cracking up at yourself.  And Nana, Daddy, Papa, Bubba and I laughed right along with you!  It was absolutely hilarious!

I can't wait to see what this next year holds for you.  I know you will change so much... so take it slow and don't rush, okay BooDee?!  We all love you so much, little Smooch!  Happy 2nd birthday!

All my heart,
Mommy

You had so much fun celebrating, opening your presents and playing today!


This is your "fight" face!  You put up your fists and pretend to be angry!
So funny!

My favorite moment of the whole day!
This is when you were pretending you were upset being put in a timeout.
You were hilarious!
 

Cake is YUMMY!

Even Superman birthday boys get tired!  You fell asleep in your highchair during dinner!
In late January, you took your first trip to the ranch with daddy and Preston.
You loved it.
(Well until daddy was super busy rescuing a mama cow and helping her calf get food and water. 
You didn't like that part very much. 

On the quad... bein' all big and stuff!

In the famous tree! 

Such a good brother... giving your sissy loves.

I got all kind of lovin' from you after I had been gone with Gracie overnight at the hospital.

You can often be found with your safety goggles on doing all kinds of work around the house!

My sweet little Valentine just two days ago!
This is often what you're doing... digging in the yard, smelling every flower in sight - picking them, too, and wearing a helmet so that you can hop on your bike at a moment's notice!


I love this happy face!