Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trick-or-Treat!!!

One of only three pictures of both kids with all parts of their costumes on!!
(And, no... Gracie wasn't lovin' the hat!)


"To Infinity and Beyond!!!
Preston, as Buzz Lightyear, taken last Saturday before a friend's costume party.
(He wasn't as cooperative for pictures on Halloween... we had to beg!)


Jessie, aka Gracie, was much happier without her hat!


The idea behind Gracie's "chair" costume - - a scene from Toy Story 3


Seriously love that I captured this - - it speaks volumes about what she thought of wearing the hat!
(Poor sweetie pie was sound asleep when I woke her up to get her costume on.
In all fairness, she was trooper! She didn't want anything to do with the party our neighbor's had, so she and I stayed outside and walked around while very kind friends kept an eye on Buzz until Daddy joined us.)


There definitely was a theme amongst many of the kids in the 'hood!



The tips of Buzz's wings lit up and flashed! They were so cool... and made it much easier to see him, as he was running around like a crazy child.
He wanted to be the first one at the door every time. Not the best way to make friends on Halloween... sigh.


Buzz, Jessie and Jessie!

Jessie, Jessie and Buzz!

9 comments:

Molly said...

Super cute costumes! I love seeing the difference in Gracie with the hat on vs. off. So cute!

amoryg said...

SOOO cute!!! I LOVE Gracie's costume. You are so creative!!!!!

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Such cute costumes!! Gracie makes an adorable Jessie!

Katie went as an autumn tree. I velcroed fall-colored leaves (fake ones) all over a brown shirt. It was really cute, but was NOT a hit with Miss Katie. She kept signing "help" and "off" over and over! We finally relented and just put her regular shirt back on her. :-)

Catherine L said...

so if you do make it on Saturday (I so very hope so).... please please please let Preston come as Buzz. Callum will be in heaven (even if it's a wild animal kinda party)

Crystal M. said...

OMG I LOVE THE IDEA THAT YOU PUT HER IN A BOX!!! Very cute costumes. Dan (my husband) was looking at the pics and he also could not believe how much Eva and Gracie are alike and with the pic of her with her finger in her nose that is SO EVA!! LOL!! Thanks for the laugh.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the Toy Story costumes, especially Jessie!!! A few years ago, Cheyenne was Jessie for 2 Halloweens in a row, but this year she just wasn't into dressing up, oh well...

Judy said...

LOVE THE PICS!!!! Both kids are adorable--loved Gracie's outfit/stroller. What a great idea!

Victoria Nelson said...

ok justin and i are sitting here catching up on friends, and hands down, gracie's costume totally made our night - it is seriously the best one we have ever seen!!
and buzz, what cutie pie!
thanks for the shout out and encouragement you posted.
we love you swann fam,
the nelsons

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Love the costumes!