The first days...
 |
Our final photo as a family of four!
Preston had a very busy day and passed out on the couch while we raced around getting ready to leave for the hospital.
Thankfully, he woke up just before we left and we were able to say a proper goodbye. |
 |
| Still in surgery... one of our first photos as mommy and son. |
 |
I love this photo... I am emotional and kissing our new baby boy and John is looking lovingly at me.
I am a lucky girl. |
 |
| A quiet moment in recovery. |
 |
Nana meeting her fifth grandchild.
She is such a trooper! With the time difference and having traveled from the east coast on the very day of Gavin's birth, she was up over 24-hours straight. For those of you who have wondered how I live on very little sleep... it's genetic!
My mama is a rockstar! |
 |
Flock of Five... Gavin is less than a day old.
The hospital policy during flu season is that no children under 16 are allowed for any reason. When our nurse learned about our family, namely Gracie, she allowed us to sneak in and the kids were able to see me and Gavin.
It was so great for Gracie to visit the hospital and not be the one staying! |
 |
My three precious babies
Gracelyn (8 years, 10 months), Preston (4 years, 9 months) and Gavin (20 hours) |
 |
| Be still my heart |
The next three photos are courtesy of our dear friend,
Catherine Lacey Dodd, who was sweet enough to brave the Friday night traffic (on a three-day weekend, no less) and drive from LA to Orange County to meet our sweet boy. She was NOT supposed to bring her camera, but I am so very thankful that she did!
 |
Gavin Joseph Swann
Born 2/16/12 at 10:27pm
8lbs, 12 oz and 21" long
This photo was taken at 8:27pm on 2/17/12... he was exactly 22 hours old. |
 |
| So new... so very delicious! |
 |
Mommy loving on Gavin
As much as I didn't enjoy being in the hospital, I loved the quiet, precious moments alone with my new, sweet baby boy. |
Settling in at home...
 |
Gavin, named by his Daddy, came home in an outfit picked out by his big brother.
Gracie immediately scooted over to his carseat and Toby was right behind her, sniffing Gavin like crazy! |
 |
| Preston and Gavin's first cuddle at home |
 |
| Six days old and rocking a "Zoolander" expression! |
 |
| Enjoying some serious sibling love on his one week birthday |
 |
| My three children |
 |
| Be still my heart again... |
The second week...
 |
8 days old... Looking very much like his brother at the same age.
(I will have to do a post of "Which Swann boy is this?" at a later date!) |
 |
| My view of Gavin following a feeding... he's milk drunk and freshly burped! |
 |
9 faces in 30 seconds... 14 days old
I was watching Gavin snoozing away in his bassinet (the same bassinet that Gracie used, given to us by my grandmother, and that Preston, my nephew Jack, niece Makenzie used) and he was making all kinds of faces. So, of course, I grabbed my camera and clicked away! |
 |
Finally, a real bath!
As you can see, this was a very stressful situation for Gavin! LOL!
In fact, he was so stressed during his first bath, he fell asleep and managed to swing his foot over the edge to soak it in the tub. |
 |
| Day 19... having a fussy moment and telling Nana all about it! |
Three weeks old...
There really aren't words for these images of my man and my boys... I love them so much.
 |
| All that blonde hair! |
 |
After the impromptu photo session with his Daddy and Preston, a wardrobe change was in order.
A big thank you to the Clayton family for the adorable "Tiebreaker" onesie! |
Nana
My mom... the best mama and nana in the whole world.
She stayed with us for three and a half weeks. She helped with everything... day and night... all the while working a full-time job from a makeshift desk on a card table in our play/craft/computer area. She also left behind Papa who is still recovering from a shoulder replacement in early January. This act of love and kindness, on both their parts, will never be forgotten and we can never thank them enough. I miss her so much already and Papa's presence was sorely missed.
 |
| Gavin already loves his Nana so much and I am quite certain he has been wondering where the heck she went. |
 |
| LOVE this! |
 |
| And this... |
 |
| And this... |
 |
And this!
One month |
 |
Today... at one month.
Again, sorry about the flash, sweet boy. I did not mean to have it on! |
 |
| So mesmerized by the cute baby in the mirror! |
 |
| Already in motion! He gets so excited when he looks at the toys! |
4 comments:
Oh Kristi. How absolutely beautiful! Tears are streaming down my face. I am so happy for you! Love and kisses to the Flock!
What an incredibly emotional journey reading every word and enjoying so much every image. The boys images indeed are utterly precious. Love you my friend and I hope I can visit this week...
PS I remember so much that moment and you've reminded me now... having Callum curl up on my chest and imagining he was still inside
Oh my gosh, I just read ALLLL these beautiful postings, from birth to one month old. Your letter to Gavin made me cry. What an angel baby he is! What an incredible mommy and family you are. What priceless photos and moments captured on film. What a blessing to spend some time this morning with the Swanns. Love you all SOOOO much and can't seem to stop smiling now. xoxo Barecca J
Post a Comment